Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New Hairstyle Attempt! --> Bantu Knot Out (and Extras!)


"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within."
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Hey lovelies!
Although I have been swamped with studying for finals and preparing for presentations, I somehow found the time to look up a natural hairstyles. During my search, I found a lot of great styles on Curly Nikki . I am sooo excited to attempt to try some of them! Check it out when you get a chance!


Ok, so I attempted to do a bantu knot out today and the results were FABULOUS!!! Here's what I did:


1.) First, I deep conditioned my hair with Jane Carter's Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.

2.) I detangled then I used a special leave-in conditioner concoction that contained: Honey, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E Oil, and hot water. It makes my hair feel so soft!


4.) I parted my hair into 4 sections and held each section with an ouchless hair tie.

5.) Working with one section at a time, I made small parts and began to two strand twist the hair. Afterwards, I wrapped the twist into a ball and tucked the loose end of the twist into the ball.

6.) Let air dry...however, I blow dried mine (I was crunched for time).

7.) Beautiful curls!





Before I head out, I just want to mention that there are a few artists that are really making some powerful music:
Raheem Devaughn - "Bulletproof"

Sade - "Soldier of Love"

Chrisette Michele - "Blame it on Me"

Peace,
nNb Y



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...