Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hair Updates!!! Kinky Twists or Afro Twists

Beauty
I find, in being Black,a thing of "Beauty"; like a joy; a strength; a secret cup of gladness ...a native land in neither time nor place ...a native land in every Black face!
Be loyal to yourselves; your skin; your hair; your lips; your speech; your laughing kinds are Black kingdoms,vast as any other.
-- Ossie Davis






Hey y'all!

It's been a while since I last posted (I'm seriously slacking, lol!). I have decided to give my hair a rest and get some kinky/afro twists soon. Here's the kicker: I plan to do them MYSELF!!! As you can imagine, I have been looking at all sorts of youTube tutorials and pictures to see if this is something that I can actually do...



After looking at some pictures, I think I have narrowed down my hair style selections:






From: Nautrally Leslie (very interesting blog)




I am also interested in the style in the first picture (the one with pinned hair), it looks really cute. Okies, I'll hit y'all up a little later and hopefully I'll have pics of my new hair do.
Peace,
nNb Y

5 comments:

~GLOW~ said...

Hi,
What kind of twists are those in the second picture? Do you know what kind of hair was used?

~GLOW~ said...

i meant the first picture with the girl in the blue background with her hair pinned up.

naturalNaijabeauty said...

Hey! If only I knew what type of hair was used...I've been salivating over that hairstyle for months now! As soon as I find out, I'll let you know.

Deborah said...

Okay! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Do you perhaps know what hair was used in the first picture now?

*crosses fingers*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...