Tuesday, April 13, 2010

*Artist Spotlight* --> Brooke Fraser

I won't find what I am looking for
If I only "see" by keeping score
'Cos I know now you are so much more than arithmetic
'Cos if I add, if I subtract
If I give it all, try to take some back
I've forgotten the freedom that comes from the fact
That you are the Sum
So you are the one
I want

~"Arithmetic" by Brooke Fraser
Hey y'all!

So...after listening to one a worship song from the worship team at Hillsong Church, I heard one of their beautiful songs entitled Hosanna. After I listened to the lyrics and watched the video and YouTube MANY times (lol!), I decided to look up more about that particular song. This is when I learned that Brooke Ligertwood (stage name Brooke Fraser) wrote that version of the song! She has such a beautiful voice! I've heard her lead the worship team in other songs as well, and so I decided to look her up to see if she had made anymore songs recently. Turns out, she also a mainstream recording artist and her music is all over the world! Talk about awesome!

She's got a total of two albums out right now: What to Do with Daylight (2003) and Albertine(2006). She also has another album slated to come out within the next couple of months. One of my favorite songs comes from her first album and it is entitled "Arithmetic". In this song, she is singing about how God is the only one that she wants. I really love this track and I love the music video as well. Check it out below:




Here's another video of her with Hillsong Church singing "Hosanna":



Check her out and tell what you think...comment below!

Peace,
nNb Y

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...