Sunday, November 7, 2010

Natural Hair Challenge!!

"Everything that God created is GOOD...and my kinky hair is no exception!"
~Cherie King

Hey divas/divos!

If you're anything like me, you may get stuck in a hair rut every once in a while...sure the occasional updo is executed, but normally your hairstyle repertoire consists of wash-n-gos and two-strand twists... In order to escape the notorious hair rut, I usually get my hair braided. While braided, I research and finds TONS of cute styles. However, after the braids are removed, I go back to my mundane routine of wash-n-gos and two-strand twists. The sad part is that I encounter natural beauties everywhere I go and I simply LOVE their uniqueness in hairstyling.

I have decided that this madness must END! So...I'm instituting a NATURAL HAIR CHALLENGE FOR 60 DAYS! I will try different hairstyles and upload in a special group on Facebook so that you all can see the styles that I'm rocking...The catch is, I can only wear each style for 2 days (this will help me learn how to protect the styles at night). Hopefully after this challenge, I will no longer be stuck in the funky little hairstyle rut that I'm in and I can finally learn to style my locks!

Here is a website that I will use for inspiration: http://bglhonline.com/gallery-2/
And of course ya gotta accessorize: http://rachelstewart.bigcartel.com/

Anyone is more than welcome to join me in this endeavor. I will post the logistics for the challenge later. As it stands right now, I will create a group on Facebook for anyone that will be interested to participate and share their stories...The challenge will start in about 2 weeks, I'm still gonna rock these braids for a few more weeks...lol!

love -n- peace,
nNb :)


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Found you on twitter! Sounds like a great challenge! Hope it is fun...I definately need more to do wit my hair! Lol!

Stay beautiful, and blessed!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...