Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nubian Twists!!!!

Now that the damage was gone, my entire head felt different from how it ever had before. It was soft and shiny, even directly after shampooing. The curls were firm and confident. I’d never experienced this creature before, and I began suddenly and fiercely protective of these fresh curls unfurling from my head like new fronds on a fern.
~Terri LaFlesh from the book Curly Like Me

Hey lovelies!

It's about that time again where the weather is starting to get unpredictable (at least in Michigan) and I'm just getting supppper lazy and don't want to do my hair. To alleviate this problem, I am going to get......(drumroll please...)

NUBIAN TWISTS!!!!!

I like this style because it is cute and sassy! It's low maintainence and it can be styled in soooo many ways! I ordered my hair from Eon Hair on Monday and I got it today (I opted for the 2 day air mail b/c I was super impatient, lol!). It's a bit on the pricey side, $11.99 for one pack, but all the videos that I have seen on YouTube says that the hair is great quality. According to reviews, the hair is springy, light and soft. I'm really excited to see how the style turns out.

Just so you all know, I plan on doing the style myself. The last time that I braided my hair myself, it turned out pretty well :



This style didn't really have a name, I just bought some Marley Braid hair and started twisting, lol! (The original plan was to do kinky twists...but the hair was too thick...) Hopefully, I will be able to make a tutorial video of myself doing the nubian twists so that everyone can see my technique. I'm very excited and I can't wait to share my results with you all!!

peace -n- love,

nNb :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice ... Your hair looks great. Do you do other people's hair? If so, how much?? I really want kinky twists ... is that the same as nubian twists??



Please send message if you do. I had googled "kinky twists detroit, mi" then viewed images associated with the search and saw your pic admist the results.


http://www.facebook.com/calmedcooled

naturalNaijabeauty said...

Hi! Thanks for the compliment! I actually learn all of my hairstyles from watching YouTube so I don't really do other peoples hair... Kinky twists are a little different from Nubian twists. Kinky twists are typically longer and have curls on the end. Nubian twists is usually made out of springier (is that even a word??) hair and doesn't have curls on the end of them.

As far as salons go, I would recommend Textures by Nefertti (sp?)which is on the Westside of the city (Cass Corridor area). They have great stylists and are really professional and friendly. Check out their website: www.texturesbynef.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...