Saturday, March 17, 2012

*Reflections* --> Embracing your Singleness...

"I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend time doing the Lord's work and thinking how to please Him. But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and please his wife. His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband."
1 Corinthians 7:32-34

Hey everyone!

Lately I have really been struggling with the fact that I am single. I even started to believe that there were things wrong with me, because potential guys that had interest in me tended to fade away as quickly as they came. As I was trying to cope with my insecurities, I was seeing all of these couples frolicking and in love and it made me want to be in a relationship even more! In order to reduce my crying stress, that I needed to focus more on God. God revealed to me that He has plans for my period of singleness. While I am sitting here complaining and sad, God was trying to get my attention to tell me about the things that he wanted me to do...I was missing out on a major blessing!

Later on that week, I received an email from Kim Brooks' ministry for single ladies regarding her upcoming BlogTalk radio show entitled "What To Do While You Wait". This show was all about embracing your singleness, the very thing that I had been (and still am) struggling with! Praise be to God! God definitely sends confirmation through multiple mediums when He reveals something to you. I listened to the show and she ministered to my spirit so much that I couldn't help but share the show with others! The show is only 30 min and she uses scriptural support to deliver her message. I was truly blessed and I know that others will be too! Hang it there single ladies, God's got big plans in store for us as long as we seek Him and put our faith in Him!


Listen to internet radio with Kim Brooks on Blog Talk Radio

Please make sure you sign up for her daily devotionals and monthly newsletters!

I love y'all for free,
nNb :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...