Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice!!!

"Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavor."
~William Cowper

Hey lovelies!

So, I enter my mom and dad's house the other day and was welcomed by the aroma of sweet smelling baked goods. After running to the oven to check out what my mom was making, I noticed a pot of brown liquid boiling on the stove. My mom then told me that she had just finished cooking a smelly meal (her words, not mine..lol!) and that she was boiling cinnamon sticks to remove the smell from the house. Seeing as how I smelled no remnants of the meal she cooked, it seemed like a great idea to me!

Then today, I noticed a significantly larger pot on the stove filled with cinnamon sticks and brown liquid. After inquiring about the seemingly excessive quantity of cinnamon used, my dad told me that they also drink some of the cinnamon water. After giving my dad a skeptical look, he fixed a glass of cranberry juice with 5 tbs. of cinnamon water. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! He then prepared tea and pour some of the cinnamon water into the cup, and it was sooooo good!

I was a little worried about the side effects of consuming cinnamon everyday, so I decided to do some research on it. 1/2 a tsp. of cinnamon a day can help reduce LDL cholesterol and it can help cure the common cold. Check out more of the health benefits here. My mom reported reduced aches and pains after drinking the liquid for a week. While cinnamon has several health benefits, it is important to remember that you should not consume large amounts as it can have an adverse effect on your health.


Quick recipe for Cinnamon Tea:
1.) Steep tea bag for 3 min (steep longer for stronger tea)
2.) Add 5 tbs. of cinnamon water
3.) Add sugar of sweetener
4.) Enjoy!

So as I sit here and sip on my delicious cup of cinnamon favored Lipton tea, I can't help but think how much more relaxed and good I feel. Ladies and gentleman, raise you tea cups (pinky finger out of course! lol!) and enjoy!

Peace homies!
nNb :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...