Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Exceptional Lady...

Viola Davis: She exudes poise and confidence. She is the
perfect example of a LADY.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." 
~Leonardo da Vinci

Hey lovelies,

For the past few months, I've been thinking about the characteristics of a lady. No only have I been doing research regarding the topic, but I have also been observing the youth that I am currently working with. There is a misconception among them that being a woman AUTOMATICALLY qualifies you to be a lady. While this startles me a little bit, I've come to realize that the perception is not uncommon. Most young black females, when asked if they consider themselves to be a lady, respond with "Yes". The same girls that respond in the affirmative are later caught in the hallway screaming and cursing out their peers and teachers...certainly not ladylike behavior.

For the last couple of months, God has been laying on my heart the unction to do something about the behavior. The problem was that I didn't know what that something should be. After thinking about it for what seems to be an eternity, God gave me confirmation by showing me that some of the girls wanted me to do a seminar on how to be a lady. God is so faithful, because He has shown me that I truly have passion for teaching young girls the characteristics of being a lady. So I've decided to so a two-part luncheon series entitled: (Miss)understood: Qualities of the Exceptional Lady. My hope is that this will help teach the girls how to be exceptional ladies.

Earlier today, I came across a blog post on CurlyNikki entitled "Taneica's Inner Beauty Mask" where the blogger came up with an inner beauty mask. I'm definitely going to be sharing this with the girls that I work with. Here is her recipe:


I think I will use this to help teach my students in the importance of being ladies in ALL aspects of their lives. If you can think of any other ingredients to this beauty mask, please let me know! Please pray for me as I begin to formulate the curriculum for the (Miss)understood series, that I might have understanding, clarity and most importantly that I will be in alignment with God's will and that His purpose for the program is fulfilled.

peace,
nNb :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...