Friday, May 25, 2012

A Sista That Can Cook...

“There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves.” 
~ Thomas Wolfe

Hey lovelies!

This time last year, I was eating McDonald's and junk food pretty much twice a week. Then later on in the month, I wondered why I didn't have any extra money in my bank account. The lack of nutrition in my diet along with disinterest in exercising was bringing me closer to sickness. The saddening part was that I KNEW that my dad's side of the family has a lot of people dealing with diabetes, but I just wanted to eat whatever I wanted, even after REPEATED warnings from my father about the dangers of what I was doing to my body.

A few months ago, God allowed my eyes to be opened to the damage that I was doing to myself. Hallelujah! I realized that I would save a lot more money if I started cooking at home. Armed with my newly crafted and highly detailed grocery list, I set out for my local grocery store. I'm proud to say that after some successfully planning, I was able to make $40 of groceries stretch for 3 WEEKS! I'll go into more detail about the grocery shopping extravaganza later, but for now, I just wanted to share a couple of photos of some of the delicious meals that I have made over the past few weeks:

Black Bean Quesadillas w/ a Side Garden Salad and Italian Dressing


Fried Chicken and Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice
(I didn't cook the chicken, it was leftovers from an event I attended)  

Chicken Parmigiana w/ Penne Pasta 

Curry Chicken Stir-Fry with Basmati Rice
The quote that I posted above summarizes exactly how I feel when I prepare myself healthier foods. I now understand that I am a beautiful woman who loves herself enough to take charge of her health and prepare more nutritious meals on a regular basis, and I will continue to do so by the grace of God!

peace,
nNb :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...