Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Enjoying the Little Things (Compilation Video)

Me at my cousin's graduation party. (Ignore the bra strap, lol!)
"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were big things."
~Robert Brault

Hey everyone!

I'm coming off an incredible high this weekend from the 4 F's--food, fun, family and fellowship! This weekend, laced with its own ups and downs was truly inspiring. First and foremost, my cousin, who I admire very much, graduated from law school and received her J.D. on Sunday! Praise the Lord! She set out to fulfill her dream and accomplished it! I'm so proud of her. My whole family came to the Detroit-area to celebrate her achievement in true Naija fashion, with partying and praising God! I took a couple of videos during the weekend and created a simple compilation video of the weekend's events. I would have more content on the video, but I didn't think to capture anything until 1am on Sunday morning (I know, I'm slackin right??). While simplistic in nature, the video indirectly makes one crucial point, summarized in 4 words: ENJOY THE SMALL THINGS! A lot of times, we get bogged down with the stressors of work and life and forget to take time to thank God for the little things in life. One thing that I am truly thankful for is that I got to rest and enjoy the company of my family that I don't get to see often. It is truly a blessing that we were able to convene for a joyous occasion and not for a tragic one.

Take some time and appreciate the small things that God allows in your life to bring you joy! It is those same things, often overlooked, that get you through the rough times.

My compilation video:

peace,
nNb :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...