Monday, May 14, 2012

Life Changing Updates! :)

Me in front of the White House in D.C.
 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)
~Jeremiah 29:11

Hey lovelies!

It feels so good to come to you all with great news. God has really been blessing me during these past few months! From the little things to the larger things, He has really been raining blessings all over me! Let me elaborate a little bit...

For those that know me well, you know that from early September to late April, I was stressing out over graduate school applications. Not only did I not know what schools I was interested in, I also didn't know what degree/program I wanted to pursue. Not having a clue what direction that I wanted to go into  caused me large amounts of stress and anguish. After petitioning God for months for direction on whether I should go into social work or teaching I felt like I was really at a stalemate. One day, however, God revealed to me that I need to release the reins and give Him FULL control...abandoning my ideas and trusting that He will provide the right path...A few days later, I was awaken out of my sleep and I randomly started doing graduate school searches and 'Minority and Urban Education' popped up and my heart started beating super quickly! I cannot even begin to describe how I felt when I found that, it was then that I knew that that was the direction that God wanted me to go in...


By the world's standards, I didn't qualify to gain admission into any of the schools that I applied to. I won't go into specifics, but I was depressed for quite a while thinking that I wasn't good enough to apply let alone gain admission to any of the schools. Through trusting God and reading the story of David (2Samuel), I applied to 4 schools with similar education master's degree  programs. This leads me to a big praise report: I'm happy to say that I gained admission to 3 out of 4 of the schools! Praise God! My first choice, was the program that I found that fateful night when God woke me up and had me researching schools, the University of Maryland--College Park's Minority and Urban Education Program!!


Yes, that's right! In the fall I will be moving to College Park, MD.!!
(FYI: I had been researching grad programs for MONTHS before this was revealed to me, and not once did this program stand out until that night...)


I was blessed with the opportunity to visit the University of Maryland last week and I simply loved it! There was sooo much foliage and the campus and surrounding areas were beautiful. I also got the chance to see Washington D.C. in all of its splendor (See above picture...more pictures coming soon). I just wanted to take this time to share my joy and testimony with you all, as you have been with me since I was in undergrad.

 I want to say this for the record: 
None of this would have taken place without God! Absolutely nothing! I am devoting both my degree AND my life to Him. I don't know where I will be after graduate school, but I know that God has got great things in store for me!
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
~1 Corinthians 2:9

Thanks to everyone out there that was praying for me! I love you all!

Peace,
nNb :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...