Thursday, May 12, 2011

New Exercise Journey!!!

It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor.

~Marcus Tullius Cicero


Hey everyone!


I'm come to you all with great joy in my heart! I'm finally going to start my exercise regimen! I picked up a membership at a popular gym about 2 months ago, hoping that I would be motivated enough to start my workouts. The only thing that I was able to do was allow my membership card to collect dust.


The recent boost of motivation for me came from an incident that occurred last weekend at my cousin's graduation party. I took a picture with my cousins in a row, and afterwards, when I saw the picture, I was saddened. I felt like I looked very large and super wide in comparison to the rest of the women. Now, I'm not saying that being large is a bad thing, but I started to feel very insecure after seeing the picture. I carried the feeling of sadness for most of the evening. I remembered dressing myself before the event and feeling SUPER cute, and I almost started to tear up. I couldn't really figure out why I was feeling that way.


Fast forward to the yesterday, those feelings of sadness resurfaced after I saw the picture again. After some thought I determined that the only way that I will be able to remove those feelings of sadness is if I begin taking better care of my health. So, I am going to blow the dust off my gym membership card and start on the track to good health. Although my goal is to lose weight and no longer be considered obese, I also want to make sure that I start eating better and drinking more water. One of the things that I have fallen into a bad habit of doing in drinking more juice (or kool-aid) than water. Those things are filled with sugar and all it does is make me wayyyy more sluggish.


Now, you might be saying, "Michelle, haven't you tried to do this in the past? What will you do this time to make sure that your motivation doesn't fade?" I'm proud to say that I have also been thinking about correcting past failures. It doesn't matter how much you pay for a gym membership, if you don't go to the gym, then you are just waisting your money. Below are some of the things that I want to do to keep myself motivated:




  1. Post about my weight loss progress each week


  2. Continue visting exercise forums and websites to keep getting more tips


  3. GO TO THE GYM!!!! or find another place to workout if money gets tight


  4. Post the types of healthy food alternatives that I am consuming


  5. Post my workout regimen


  6. Drink 1/2 my body weight in water


  7. Learn to have fun while working out!


  8. Join an online workout community where I can post my results to keep myself committed

My hope is this time my exercise journey will be a success and can be documented so that the world can also see. If you have any tips or pearls of wisdom that you think might be helpful, please feel free to share.


Be blessed,


nNb :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...